Orders can be created manually in Vision without the use of standard replenishment. These could be for different reasons like ad hoc orders (promotions or supplement store levels). This article provides the steps for creating a VMI Order in Vision.
- On the sidebar go to Maintenance - Orders and then Order Upload (Batch)
- Select the Retailer you wish to create the manual order for.
- Enter the Description, this will be visible to many stakeholders and has a 30-character limit, so it is best to follow a clear naming convention that is easily understood by everyone.
- Ensure that the order is correctly formatted, details on this is found using the ‘Display Format’ button.
- Now we have uploaded the manual order for a retailer we can now create the order. To do this, on the sidebar go to Maintenance - Orders and then Uploaded Orders.
- Your newly uploaded file will appear at the top of the order screen. You can confirm this by checking that the Description and Quantity are correct. To create the order, select the drop-down menu on the right of the order line and select ‘Create Orders’.
- Add the description for the order.
Ship Date (leave as default unless otherwise specified)
Delivery Date – Select your delivery date are required or based off operation limitations as laid out in specific retailer lead times.
Vender PO Range – Leave as default.
Service Level – Use Standard.
Enter the correct Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) as given in section in the relevant Retailer guide.
Once all the above has been entered in order details click ‘Submit.’
After you have checked your order details and created the order in the system (via upload/replenishment preview or push order), you need to Commit the order to send it to the supplier. To do this, on the sidebar go to Maintenance - Orders and then Order Groups.
- Your newly created order will appear at the top of the Order Groups. You can confirm this by checking that the Description and Quantity are correct. To commit the order, select the drop-down menu on the right of the order line and select ‘Commit’.
- This will take you to a final option screen confirming order details.
- Click ‘Commit’, an email alert is automatically sent out to the relevant stakeholders. If you wish to add a third party to the order confirmation email enter them here.