Adding new stores to the Store Master File is done at the line level. New stores should be added as early as possible to ensure all information is in the system to generate orders and post retail data. This article provides information related to creation of Stores and Store Groups.
Creating a Store
- On the sidebar go to Maintenance - Store and then Stores.
- Here you will find all the Stores that have been made, with toggles to make them easier to find at the top of the screen. To create a new Store, click on the create new button, next to these toggles.
Select the Retailer you wish to create the assortment for (refer to the next image for the remaining steps as well).
Retailer Store Number. This is store code used by the retailer.
Alternate Store Number. If you have this information available enter the Alternate Store Number here.
Enter the Store Name
Make sure that the address entered in Vision is the bill to/sold to address, not the shipped to address. Stores that share a warehouse will have the same shipped to address which will affect sales data.
Put the opening date in the past (e.g. two weeks) so any orders made for this store will be processed (‘Opening Date’ is also the ‘Earliest Receive Date’).
Add the region of country the store is in.
Choose a store with a similar profile to the one you are creating. If you do not know what the store profile will be or if this is a new range of store then select a store and you may change the details further on.
Select the “Create” button to add the store to the store master.
Additional Options – Once a store has been created, the options dropdown menu will be visible at the store line entry. The dropdown will allow you to access functionality at the store level. The edit function allows you to change the store level information.
Creating a Store Group
Store Groups can be created to run specific reporting against via a History Export. To setup a Store Group follow the steps below:
- On the sidebar go to Reports – History Export and then Store Groups.
- Here you will find all the active/inactive Store Group that have been made, with toggles to make them easier to find at the top of the screen. To create a new Store Group, click on the create new button, next to these toggles.
- Select the Retailer you wish to create the Store Group for.
- Enter the Description, this has a 30-character limit and is best to follow a clear naming convention that is easily understood by everyone.
- Now we have created the Store Group, we can now upload the relevant Stores. To do this we stay in Store Groups screen and find the one we have just created, and on the drop down on the right select Upload Stores.
- This will take you to the Upload screen, use the “Display Format” which will tell you what needs to be populated in your spreadsheet. Anything with Allow Blank “Y” can be left blank. If everything is ready for the upload, press ‘Choose File’ and upload the correct spreadsheet and then press upload.