You may want to know how to upgrade Knova Tomcat to fic the Ghostcat vulnerability.
- Download the Tomcat_upgrade package.
- Extract it to the following folder:
Note: You do not need to extract tomcat-8.5.57.zip; it will be extracted by the script. If you have extracted it, remove it - as the script will not remove any existing folders (to avoid breaking anything).
- Open Windows services (i.e. run services.msc) and check the Tomcat version deployed previously - if your version is different than 8.5.15, update the $ExistingTomcatFolder parameter in the tomcat_upgrade.ps1 script.
- Check which user is used for the Tomcat service (find it's password if you do not know it):
- Run PowerShell as Administrator and set the execution policy to “unrestricted”.
- Execute the tomcat_upgrade.ps1 script the following folder:
The script performs the following actions:
- Stops Knova Tomcat service if it was already running
- Takes backup of the existing tomcat folder.
- Unzips the new tomcat folder.
- Removes the old tomcat service from services registry.
- Installs the new tomcat service.
- Gets required folders from the old tomcat folder and copies them to the new tomcat deployment.
The output of the script should look like this:
Note: If you are having issues with executing the PowerShell script, check your PowerShell execution policy.
- After the script is executed, go to Windows services and enter the credentials for the Tomcat service logon user (for the updated Tomcat service).