You want to know the status of a recently executed job, to confirm if the execution of it (or any step of it) returned any error (like a duplicated value).
Jobs are created based on Steps. Every job has a list of steps that will be executed, that can be either checking the existence of a file, to execute complex mathematical algorithms to calculate a value of a field or a forecasting pattern to make decisions. Every single step can be audited by checking the Job History section in SSMS.
To check the execution of a job and its inner steps, complete the following steps:
- Connect to your DB using SSMS.
- Open the SQL Server Agent, and look for the Job you want to check the errors for.
- Right click on it, and select Properties, as shown in the following picture:
The Job Properties dialog box will open.
- In this dialog box, click on the View Job History link at the bottom:
- In this screen, you will be able to see the job status with a green checkmark as proof that it ran successfully. If you click the plus sign, you will see the steps related to that specific Job, with their statuses.
When a step ran with errors (or a Job), you will see a red X as a proof that it had problems running.
Please sign in to leave a comment.