You notice that after you select the "Prepare Totals" and "Prepare Employee Electronic W2" under the Actions menu in the W-2 Utility, CORT Payroll does not send notifications to your employees.
Please note that the Prepare Totals function in the W-2 Utility is not equipped to send email notifications on its own, please follow the steps below in order to send email notifications to employees:
Log in to CORT.
Select the Payroll number for which the W2s will need to be generated.
Go to Reports -> W2's.
The W-2 utility window will prompt.
Go to Actions -> Prepare Totals
- The system will prompt a message that the W2 totals have been computed.
- Go to Actions -> Prepare employee electronic W2's -> All Employees.
The W2 division request window will prompt.
Type ALL on the dropdown for the division.
The system will prompt a message that the files have been created.
- Go to Actions -> Send Email Notification -> Select the Subset of Employees that you wish to notify, - All Employees, Consented Employees, or just One Employee:
- The system will start emailing the W2s.
- A confirmation message shows at the end of the process.
Once completed, one can review the log file from step 14 for details on the emails sent, and verify it was received in the employees' inbox.