You may notice that significant portions of the website that are missing or not loading properly, like below:
To diagnose this issue, log in to the website and perform the following items:
F12on your browser to open Developer Tools.
- Click on the Network tab.
- Click on the Status column (twice) to sort by high-low.
- Refresh the page.
- If the errors are client-related (i.e., 4XX especially 408), then it means it is timing out, so try connecting to a different ISP and/or try connecting on a different browser to isolate the issue. Additionally, try logging in as a different User.
- If the errors are server-related (especially 5XX), then do the following:
- If the missing module/component is a third-party module/component (simply search on Google to have a hint whether the module is a core DNN module or a third-party module), you will need to reach out to the vendor or the developer who has developed the module. This is because the vendor that originally developed this module would have a thorough knowledge of why a particular error would be generated (As mentioned in the Identifying If a DNN Module Is a Third-Party Module article).
- If the server errors are coming from the upstream server (e.g. 502 Bad Gateway, 503 Service Unavailable, 504 Gateway Timeout), then please create a support ticket and let us know so we can check if there is an issue with our Infrastructure.
If the issue persists, please create a support ticket including the information below:
- A screenshot of the symptoms on the page.
The results of your testing above.
The login credentials to the page, so we can test and reproduce the issue.
Were all these components appearing before? What was the last thing that happened before some of the components went missing?
A HAR file containing the reproduction of the issue. (Just click on the button highlighted below to export the HAR file.)
- Where do you host the website?