Article Original Creation Date: 2017-04-06
How to publish or re-publish in Chameleon/Magiq?
Follow the steps given below:
- Go to the deployment server (remote desktop).
- Navigate to the
Software\Binfolder where Chameleon is installated.
- Run the Config Tool
CT.EI.Config.exe. It may work better if you run it as Administrator (right-click on it and choose "Run as Administrator").
- Enter the password "admin".
- Select the Configuration Name on the left and select Publish Software on the toolbar at the top.
- A dialog window will open showing the published revision number.
- This will increment automatically (make sure the box is checked).
- The Major/Minor fields are generally used to represent the actual version number.
- It is important that this number is never decreased - only changed to higher values.
- Unless you are installing a new release of the software, just let the program increment /update the revision number.
- Click Publish.
- A process window will open showing various scripted operations (it will close on its own).
- You can close the config tool and test the deployment shortcut from your PC.