A user is unable to save a receipt journal for a particular customer when it reaches a certain limit forcing them to break a single receipt into multiple receipt journals.
This problem can occur when trying to save a Receipt Journal having too many (several hundred) transaction entries which fail with Everest giving the following error:
Unable to save given Data
Error Number: 42005
Error Message: 42005: UNABLE TO SAVE GIVEN DATA
Error Source: EACCOUNTING.TOACCOUNTING
Error Method: TBOJOURNAL.SAVE
This issue can occur when saving a Receipt Journal having very many transaction entries resulting in transaction timeouts before the Receipt Journal is successfully saved.
Correct this problem by changing the Transaction timeout for Component Services as described below:
- Go to Component Services > Computers > My Computer
- Right-click and select Properties
- Go to the 'Options' tab > Transaction Timeout section
- Change the Transaction timeout to 900 seconds
- Click OK to save the changes
The user should be able to successfully save the Receipt Journal without errors.