This article describes how you can create a custom report showing all customer accounts together with the comments entered under the miscellaneous tab for each account.
Everest supports entering any notes/comments about the customer account you want to keep track of. Notes and comments are automatically displayed prior to creating/modifying a document associated with the customer if either:
- The Pop-up comments on document option (path: Customer profile > Miscellaneous tab) is selected OR
- The Pop-up and first show notes attached to the respective customer or vendor associated with the document prior to opening it check box in the Document dialog box (path: File > Setup > Preferences > Flow Control > Documents > Popups tab) is selected.
Each customer account has a tab named "Miscellaneous" and within the miscellaneous tab, there is a "Comments" section.
These comments can be included in a custom report showing the Customer list that is created using the Advanced Query Builder (AQB) as follows:
- Create a new Advanced Query by going to Utility | Advanced Query Builder
- Select the SQL Statement tab
- Copy and paste the below SQL query:
SELECT cust.cust_code, cust.name, cast(cust.mdesc as varchar(255)) AS commentNote: Ensure you select the Primary key as
FROM cust WITH (NOLOCK)
cust_codewhen opening the Browser Settings tab.
Executing the above AQB will generate a custom report listing all customer accounts together with the corresponding Comments for each account.
Please sign in to leave a comment.