This article outlines the solution when documents listed in the Detail Activity view of the ledger account cannot be opened due to the following error:
"The specified sales document does not exist"
The document may be reported as missing when being moved through a receipts journal resulting in the affected customer no longer having a credit on their account.
The above issue can occur when a Credit Order is canceled and moved into Credit Quote.
The workaround when this happens is to reverse the failed payment entry and creating a new journal entry to correct the failed payment entry by following these steps:
- Confirm that the sales document does not exist in the Invoices table in the database.
- Run the below query, updating the
PRV_DOC_NOas appropriate, to check on the transaction history and confirm whether the document was canceled:
select doc_no, doc_type, subcode
where PRV_DOC_NO ='M1000 ' and PRV_DOC_TY = 11
- Check the Customer AR (Account Receivables) Aging Report to confirm for this particular customer that the credit is not entered in any journal.
- If no records are found in any of the preceding steps, proceed to reverse the payment entry which should create a correct entry with each applied payment being reversed.
- Create a new journal entry to complete the payment and apply the missing credit.
The above actions should successfully reverse the failed payment entry which can then be corrected through a new journal entry.