This article provides a solution when the error message "Error:997 Failed to Retrieve Error Message from Print Engine" is encountered when trying to print reports as well as Pick tickets.
This error is specific to a particular workstation/server and can be resolved by following the steps given below on the specific workstation/server that is experiencing the printing issue:
- Download and execute the fixCrystalReports.bat on the workstation where Everest client is installed by right-clicking and selecting Run as administrator.
- Change the workstation or server DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings by following these steps:
- Open Windows Explorer > highlight 'Computer' > Right-click > Properties
- Select Advanced System Settings on the System properties window
- Select 'Advanced' tab > Click on 'Settings' under 'Performance'
- On Performance Options window > select 'Data Execution Prevention' tab
- Check 'Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only'
- Select 'Apply' and close the window
- Reboot the workstation/server once the above is done
Reports and pick tickets should print successfully without any errors.