You are unable to post the sales journal to General Ledger or split the journal. You receive the following error:
Error Number : 5673
Error Message : 5673 : UNABLE TO POST JOURNAL.
Error Source : EACCOUNTING.TOACCOUNTING
Error Method : TBOJOURNAL.POSTJOURNAL
This issue may be caused by a timed-out SQL statement, as the number of transactions in the journal you are trying to post is too large. To solve this issue you need to follow the steps below:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio on your database server
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of Database Engine and then expand that instance.
- Expand Databases, expand the <your_production_database> database, and then expand Programmability.
Note: The stock DB that comes with Everest in place of your production DB is Everest_Sample.
- Right-click Stored Procedures, and then click New Stored Procedure.
- Copy the code from the attached file and replace everything in the Query Window.
- Navigate to Query > Run to save the stored procedure.
- When splitting the journal, please enter the following parameters:
- @batch_no - this is the journal number you are trying to split
- @tran_no_start - this is the starting transaction number
- @tran_no_end - this is the end transaction number.
For best results, split the journal into 10k transaction chunks
After splitting the journal directly from the database, the resulting journals can now be successfully posted to General Ledger. If you are still experiencing issues, please contact support.