You have some payables to vendors that are incorrect from previous years and you are looking to adjust the balances in the vendor accounts.
The issue can be resolved by following the steps below:
- Create a payment journal by navigating to Accounting > Account Payable > Payment Journal
- Choose New.
- After selecting the Vendor, add a line in the Transaction Entries and select the Refund Purchase Invoices.
- Once selected, click on the Document Browser on the next cell and find the Purchase invoice that is overpaid.
- After selected it would be defaulted to the full amount, in this case, change the amount to the overpaid amount.
- To balance the journal entry, you need to add a new line in the transaction entries and select the Misc. Payment option.
- Edit the balance and put a checkmark on the entries.
- Save the journal.
After applying the steps above, the accounts payable should be balanced. If the issue persists, please contact support.