In Everest v7, you cannot edit custom CUSTCHAR fields for Customer Accounts if you are not logged in as an administrator. Trying to edit these fields as another user fails, and there is no security ID window pop up:
Ensure that the users are granted the correct permissions in order to overcome the issue:
- Navigate to File > Setup > Security Rights.
- Search for Security ID 10750
- Ensure that the security right is assigned to the users or the group containing the users, by placing the groups or the users in the Groups Assigned list and Users Assigned list respectively:
- Click on Save to update the security rights.
If the issue is still manifesting, please use the workaround described below:
- Navigate to Invoicing > Customers
- Right-click on the Customer List and choose Custom Fields:
- Select the custom field you want to modify and click on Modify Address:
- Update the custom fields as needed.
The steps above will allow you to update the custom CUSTCHAR fields for the Customer Accounts. If the issue persists, please contact support.