This article explains the process of adding items to Everest, individually or in bulk.
To add items to Everest please follow the sections below:
Adding individual items
- Navigate to Inventory > Items, to open the Items Browser.
- Click New and choose between "In new window" or "In current window"
- Enter the item information as needed
(Mandatory fields are Item Code, Item type, Description and Category)
- Click Save
Adding items in bulk
To do a bulk import, you would need to check on the template in
..\Icode\Everest\Client\Utilities\ImportTemplates, or the one attached to this article. Use this template to import information related to individual items. You can also use this template to import or update default vendor related information. If the information on the default vendor already exists in Everest, the default vendor information is updated.
The templates and the information contained in them can change. Be sure to check the ImportTemplates directory for the latest templates and information.
For item imports, only the company defaults are used for Inventory Adjustment and Inventory accounts.
After checking and filling the Excel template, you can then do the import by using the Data Import Wizard by following these steps:
- Go to Utility > Import > Data
- Click Next
- Choose Items then click Next
- Choose Excel Spreadsheet for the Import field type
- Browse for the Excel template filled earlier
- Choose the worksheet to Import
- Check Update information for existing items if you want to update existing items
- Click Next
- Map the fields (The first 7 fields are mandatory)
- Click Start
Please try uploading the file on your test instance first and check before uploading it to your Production instance.