This article outlines information and important reference documentation for installing Everest in your environment.
For assistance with the installation and configuration of Everest, refer to the following guides which explain the software and hardware requirements as well as how to prepare your environment for the installation.
- Everest Release Notes (Always obtain the Release Notes from the Release Portal for the specific version being installed).
- Everest Quick Installation Guide
For customers installing Everest on Windows 2008 Server, including SP1, SP2, and R2 Releases, refer to the attached whitepaper for additional information on some specific configuration changes that are necessary for the default setup of Windows operating system components to work smoothly with Everest. This document also addresses the common technical issues that may be encountered when Everest is deployed on Windows Server 2008.
- 135, used for RPC (Remote Procedure Calls),
- 4000-4020 and 49152-65535, for COM+,
- 1433 for SQL Server or the applicable port if not using the default.