You are returning several serialized assembly items. The serial number on these assemblies comes from a component within the assembly. As a result of testing, that component was replaced in several of the items. How to change the serial number of the affected assemblies when they are brought back into stock through a CM?
When the item is assembled through a Work Order, the serial numbers will be moved to the Released Bin. In case the item is returned through a CM, the stock item serial would be returned to stock.
Everest doesn't have any feature for disassembly that will allow you to break-down the assembled item into its original parts.
As a workaround, you can follow the steps below:
- Use an Inventory Quantity Adjustment to increase the item count and reduce the serial number received:
- Navigate to Inventory > Items
- Right-click on the desired item in the list
- Choose Inventory Adjustment > Quantity Adjustment
- Scroll to the Quantity column and double-click it
- Update the Quantity accordingly
- Click on OK to confirm the new quantity and then on Save to pass the inventory adjustment.
- Adjust the manufacturer serial number for the item that was created through the Inventory Quantity Adjustment process:
- Navigate to Inventory > Serial Numbers
- Select the desired item in the list
- Click on Edit > New Window:
- Adjust the Manufacturer's serial number as needed and click on Save.