The information below offers a brief explanation of the Feeds Workflow on OCM.
Feed categories workflow can be described as the following:
- Navigate to Category.
XMedia server side received a request from the client with feed and category to navigate.
- Get the category's converter.
If there is converter attribute – XMedia tries to get the custom converter, otherwise, XMedia uses general RSS converter.
- Convert feed content to JSON using the selected converter.
If general RSS converter is used - feed content is treated as RSS. In RSS there are standard fields for each item: link, title, published date, short text, and author. But for XMedia converter also needs full content for the item. And RSS can provide it, though each RSS feed can have a different tag for full content. For that purpose, RSS converter takes contentTag attribute and uses it to extract full content from RSS item.
- Send result JSON to client and cache the result for the chosen category by cacheDuration time span.
- On the client, XMedia takes JSON and looks for listTemplate to render the category’s content. If listTemplate is empty – the default template is used. Then XMedia looks for category’s items (by CSS class "item") and assigns click events on it.
- If category item is clicked, XMedia looks for itemTemplate to render item’s content. If itemTemplate is empty – the default template is used. After that, XMedia opens Article Viewer popup with rendered content.