The User Management screen allows you to define ScaleArc user accounts and their access permissions to ScaleArc clusters.
ScaleArc can communicate with third-party authentication servers over LDAP, REST API, and can also manage users locally.
Setting up user accounts for ScaleArc involves configuring:
- The policies and access control permissions for users/groups.
- The type of authentication for users.
Use this screen to define policies governing the user's role to access ScaleArc clusters and associate users/groups with those policies.
ScaleArc supports the following authentication types:
- Local users - users who are stored and managed within ScaleArc.
- Over LDAP server - LDAP users stored on an LDAP server.
- Authentication with third-party users for any authentication scheme over REST APIs.
Click on the linked articles for further details on the available configuration options under each screen.