This KB article will guide you through the process of creating a location.
To create a location, follow the steps given below:
- From the main menu bar, select File > Setup > Accounting > Location/Sub-Location. You will see the Locations/Sub-Locations browser.
- From the Locations/Sub-Locations browser, select Options > New > Location > In New Window. You will see the Location profile window as shown in the figure below.
Locations can also be created from:
- An existing Location profile by clicking Options > New.
- Any profile/dialog box that contains the Location field by selecting New from the right-click menu option available from the dropdown list of the field.
The Location Profile
The Location profile contains the following tabs:
- Stock Transfer
- Item Defaults
A brief description of these tabs is also shared below:
Figure: Location Profile - General Tab
Use the General tab to specify the basic information about a location such as the name, address, and telephone number.
Enter a unique code for the location using 1 to 15 characters. Once saved, this field cannot be modified. The location code identifies the location throughout Everest.
Example: RET for Retail, DIS for Distribution.
Enter an appropriate alphanumeric description for the location using 1 to 40 characters. This field specifies the name by which the location is identified. This name can be different from the company name, or it can be an extension of it.
Example: If your company is called Accel Sample Company and you create the Retail sub-location, you can specify the name as Accel Sample Company - Retail division or you could name it as Retail Sales - Virginia.
Select the Apply Masks checkboxes to apply the specified format to the profile. Use this option to apply the telephone, fax and mobile number formats that are specified for the country.
Example: You can specify the telephone number format for the United States as (000)_000-0000. If the country is the United States, and the option Apply Mask is selected, the telephone numbers are displayed in the format specified in the mask.
Check this box if the location’s telephone number format must correspond to the format as defined in the Country profile.
Check this box if the location’s mobile/cell number format must correspond to the format as defined in the Country profile.
Check this box if the location’s zip/postal code format must correspond to the format defined in the Country profile.
Enter the name of the company.
Enter the address of the location. This address will be used, when printing sales and purchase documents, cover letters and memos for this location.
Enter the city where the company is located. This field is automatically populated with the name of the city, if the country selected is United States and the zip/postal code is also specified.
Enter the location's state/province.
- This field is mandatory if the country selected is the United States.
- If the country selected is United States, the name of the state is populated in this field, when you specify the zip/postal code.
Specify the location's zip/postal code. This field is mandatory if the country selected is the United States. If the country specified is the United States:
- You can specify (create/edit, select) a zip code.
- The US Fips button is displayed.
Specify the country where you want to set up the location.
Telephone - 1, Extension
Enter the telephone number and extension for the location. Select the appropriate description from the drop-down list to specify or view the telephone number.
Telephone - 2, Extension
Enter the additional telephone number and extension for the location. Select the appropriate description from the drop-down list to specify or view the telephone number.
Enter the fax number and its extension for the location.
Enter the mobile or cell phone number for the location.
Enter the Web URL of the location's home page.
This field is automatically updated with the international dialing code for the country selected. This is a display field and cannot be edited.
- The International Organization for Standards has published a standard for abbreviations of countries.
- This field is automatically updated with the abbreviation of the country selected as per the ISO 3166 standard.
- This is a display field and cannot be edited.
Return to: Chapter 2 Setting Up a Company table of contents
Return to: Everest Advance User Guide v6.11 table of contents