This article outlines the procedure to backup and restore the Everest database when an administrator wants to transfer the database to a new server or for purposes of replicating data in a production environment to a test server.
Follow the below Step-By-Step Guide to copy Everest data from one server to another.
It is recommended that this is done after business hours when the system is not being actively used.
- Go to the old server/old version and open Everest Client.
- Navigate to Utility -> Database Maintenance -> Backup Company.
- Backup the company into a file. Copy this file over to the new server. This can be done over the network or using removable media such as a USB drive.
- Go to the new server. Make sure a new company under the same name as the old is set up.
- Go to Utility -> Database Maintenance -> restore company.
- Select 'From Device' and 'File Name'. Point to the file saved in step 1. Click OK.
- If the database itself needs updating, the user will be prompted to update after pressing OK.
In order to verify if the transfer was successful; open any document, such as a Sales Invoice or Sales Order, and check if the list of documents exists and if they are recently dated.