This article outlines the procedure to import stock bins into Everest from an Excel file, a template for which is provided as a downloadable attachment.
Note: The process described here works for creating new Stock bins through a bulk import and does not support importing existing data in bulk to a stock bin. For this second use case where you are importing existing data in bulk to a Stock Bin, refer to the workaround documented in Working with Stock Count Documents to Transfer Inventory.
To import stock bins into Everest:
- Log in to Everest and Navigate to Utility > Import > data > Stock Bins
- Select the Excel file containing the Stock Bins to be imported and created using the attached Bin_import_template.xls template, making sure the following mandatory fields are populated:
- Area_code : Stock bin code
- Dep_code : Stock area
- Description : Bin/Stock area description
- Detail : Stock area/bin
- Stock type : Normal/Repair
- Type :Out/In