When Everest CRM Studio is failing to send automatic email notifications to customers (e.g. for invoices, shipping confirmations, or order confirmations), the solution is to restart the EverestACRM Service as described in CRM Studio not Sending Notification Emails.
This procedure can sometimes fail to successfully start the EverestACRM Service due to the following error message:
Windows could not start the EverestACRM Service on Local Computer
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
This is a Windows error message that can be further investigated through the Windows Event Viewer for detailed error logging. The following or similar error logs may be observed:
Faulting application name: EverestACRMService.exe, version: 126.96.36.199, time stamp: 0x5bd83857
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.3383, time stamp: 0x5ddcb9ff
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
This problem can occur when the EverestACRM service was starting up fine but the task manager does not yet have it running due to an unprocessed email backlog. Trying to restart the service while in this state when still processing the pending queued items causes it to gets stuck and throw the error.
The ideal solution when this occurs is to kill the process in Task Manager and then start the service as follows:
- Stop the EverestACRM Window service and the Everest CRM Studio service.
- Launch the Windows Task Manager and for <All Users>, kill ALL Everest_*.exe processes if any are running.
- Go to: <InstallDir>\Icode\Everest\ACRM\Data and verify that no abandoned *.ldb locks exist in the directory and if any are found delete them.
- Rename <InstallDir>\Icode\Everest\ACRM\Data\System.mdw to System_Old.mdw.
- Download the attached System.mdw to <InstallDir>\Icode\Everest\ACRM\Data.
- Start the services stopped in step 1 by right-clicking on the service and selecting Start.
The CRM Studio Windows services should start successfully and email notifications should be processed successfully.