Starting with Everest 6, the credit card sensitive data is encrypted using the standalone cryptographic keys. This article describes the process.
After installing Everest 6, the keys need to be generated using the KeyMgmt.exe utility.
- The utility is included in the Data component of the Everest Server package.
- By default it is installed into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Icode\Everest\Data\CCard KeyMgmt\KeyMgmt.exe.
The duration of this process varies depending on your server configuration and database size. It is also advised to run this outside of business hours and with no users logged into Everest.
- On your Database server, go to the Everest installation folder.
- Navigate to
- Enter the name of your database server.
(This can be found by going to Start > Right-click Computer > Properties)
- User name: sa.
- Password: your sa password.
- Click OK.
- Choose your company from the dropdown.
- If it's the first time generating the description keys:
- Click the browse button on the right side to select location where your encryption keys will be saved.
- Type your chosen name for the key file.
The encryption keys folder cannot have spaces in the name or in the directory path. For example,
C:\Program Files (x86)would not be a valid encryption keys folder.
- Click the Generate new key button.
- Close the key management tool.
The keys should be re-generated every thirty days.
Please sign in to leave a comment.