When users try to email invoices or other Everest documents, they can encounter an error indicating that there was a 'General MAPI failure' as shown below:
This problem is also known to occur when sending an email from within Everest on an RDP (Remote Desktop) server. The email fails and users get the error:
Error Message: "There is no program associated to perform this requested action... Create an association in the Default programs Control Panel"
Followed by the: "General MAPI failure" error.
Follow these steps when the above errors occur:
- Close out Everest and Microsoft Outlook on the workstation. Then launch by right-clicking and choosing the "Run as Administrator" option. Check to see if this resolves the issue. If not proceed with the steps below.
- Ensure Microsoft Outlook is set as the default program for sending emails as follows:
- From the Windows Search Bar type in: "Default Programs".
- Click on 'Default Programs' to launch the Settings app.
- Click on Email and select Microsoft Outlook as the default app for Email.
Close the Settings app.
- Check the Windows Registry for MAPI entries. Specifically, ensure that the following entries are present:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MAIL]If the above entries are not present, extract the attached Fix_x64.zip file on the Everest workstation and run it to merge the registry entries to your Windows registry.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem]
- Restart the 'Print spooler' from the Windows services snap-in (services.msc).
- Check the Document Email Preferences and ensure that the Driver is set to "Microsoft Print to PDF" by following these steps:
- Open the Everest document browser e.g. Sales Invoices browser by going to Invoicing > Sales Invoices
- Click on 'E-mail Documents' to open the Document Email Preferences.
- Ensure that the Driver is set to "Microsoft Print to PDF" prior to clicking on the Email button as shown:
Everest users should be able to email documents without errors.