This article describes the process to follow when the customer tries to upgrade their Everest version to 7.4.4 from 6.40.x and is encountering database errors and could not be completed.
- To upgrade Everest, install a fresh upgrade version somewhere different than the production server.
- Create a new company on the new server with the same legal information as the old production one.
- Create company back up on production server and copy the latest
.bakfile from the production server to a new server.
- Restore it on the new server. This means it has all your production database information including credentials.
- After that when you try to log in, a database upgrade wizard will pop up automatically.
Note: Upgrade Everest version gradually from 6.40.x to 7.2.1 to 7.4.4 to 8.0.x