When you try to email a document, it works the first time, then you are getting the following error: Failed to open attachment
In order to resolve this problem, follow the steps below:
- Restarting the print spooler service:
- Click on Start > Run
- Type services.ms and then click OK.
Right-click the Printer Spooler service, and then click Restart
- Exclude the Everest application from Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
- Click the Start button on your Windows computer and choose Computer > System Properties > Advanced System Settings.
- From the System Properties dialog, select Settings.
- Select the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
- Click Add and use the browse feature to browse to the program executable you want to exclude.
When trying to email a file, the error won't reproduce. In case the issue persists afterward, please contact support, and share with us the Everest log files located at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Everest\Temp\svrerr.log
Content Author: Shreef Khattab