When you try to email a document using Outlook from an Everest browser, it works fine the first time but all subsequent attempts to send Email fail with the following error:
"Failed to open attachment"
This issue occurs on older versions of Everest when the Outlook integration is broken because the Outlook API was changed in newer versions of Microsoft Outlook.
This known issue has been resolved in the latest Everest releases therefore customers are advised to upgrade to the latest version. Refer to your specific Everest version Release Notes for detailed information on the supported Outlook versions.
Customers interested in an assisted upgrade process may request for our Managed Upgrade service carried out by the Professional Services team by contacting your Account Manager or creating a ticket specifying the Managed Upgrade request. Refer to Everest: Managed Upgrades for more information on the service.
Further to the Everest version upgrade, the following steps should be executed on the client workstation experiencing the issue:
- Restarting the print spooler service:
- Click on Start > Run
- Type services.msc and then click OK.
Right-click the Printer Spooler service, and then click Restart
- Exclude the Everest application from Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
- Click the Start button on your Windows computer and choose Computer > System Properties > Advanced System Settings.
- From the System Properties dialog, select Settings.
- Select the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Select 'Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select' and use the Add button to browse to the Everest program executable for exclusion.
- As an alternative to step iv, select 'Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only'
- Click 'Apply' and accept the prompt to restart the workstation for the changes to take effect.
Note: If the above instructions don't resolve the issue and you are using Everest 8.0.20 or lower and Microsoft Office or MS Office 365 release build (1811 and above), you might want to rollback Office to a pre-1811 build and disable automatic updates as per Unable to Email or Print Documents from Everest article.
Users should be able to Email Everest documents without errors but if the issue persists submit a support request and attach the Everest server error log file located at