This article is a guide to resolving instances when documents fail to open and the user is unable to email or print any document from the Everest Platform. These instructions apply if the issue has not been resolved after following the steps mentioned in the article: Everest Email Error: Failed to open attachment.
Newer versions of MS Office 365 release build (1811 and above) may cause applications to crash when accessing any email, outlook, or printing functionality repeatedly for the second time. This issue has been taken care of in Everest 8.0.20.
The recommended solution is to upgrade Everest to the latest version that includes a fix for this issue but for customers unable to immediately upgrade, proceed with the resolution as follows using an account with Administrator access to MS Windows:
- Ensure that a working print driver is selected. This can be done by simply printing out any document from other applications like MS Word.
- Disable office updates by navigating to File > Office Account > Update Options > Disable Updates.
- Open an elevated command prompt:
- Go to Start and type cmd.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt.
- Choose Run as administrator
- Provide your administrator credentials or click Confirm when the User Account Control dialog appears.
- Type in cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\
- You can specify the built number to return to in the following way: For Office 365 Standard, use: OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.11001.20074
- After pressing ENTER a
Checking for updatesdialog opens shortly followed by a
Downloading Office updatesdialog. Once this dialog closes, the rollback has been completed.
- Open Outlook and go back to File > Office Account.
- In the Office Updates section, the version you specified will now be listed.
- Print and email multiple documents to check if the functionality works.