This article will help users who are intending to upgrade Everest themselves.
The attachment section provides several useful documents:
In order to avoid any errors or issues during the upgrade process, it is recommended to proceed with upgrading through specific versions:
- Upgrade from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 (Note: this is the minimum required to upgrade to 6.40.9)
- Upgrade from 126.96.36.199 to 6.40.9 (Note: this is the minimum required to upgrade to 7.x or 8.x)
- Upgrade from 6.40.9 to 7.2.1
- Upgrade from 7.2.1 to 7.4.4
- Upgrade from 7.4.4 to 8.0.x
Download Everest and everything related to it from the Release Portal.
You need to submit a ticket to Everest Support requesting a new Everest license for the version being upgraded to. In the ticket specify the Company name and Everest version. In case if you have more than one Everest company – you also need to specify the MAC address of the application server where the new Everest version will be installed.
Database upgrade procedure
- To upgrade Everest, install a fresh upgrade version somewhere different than the production server.
- Create a new company on the new server with the same legal information as the old production one.
- Create a company back up on the production server and copy the latest
.bakfile from the production server to a new server.
- Restore it on the new server. This means it has all your production database information including credentials.
- After that when you try to log in, a database upgrade wizard will pop up automatically.