This article provides information on how to set up Pages using the three tabs: Assets, Widgets, and Configuration.
The following functions are available:
- Add imagery from Social Media
- Add imagery from an Album
- Add imagery from Uploads
- Media Chooser
Adding Imagery from Social Media
You can search for hashtags on Instagram or hashtags/usernames on Twitter to find content that you can add to your Page. This can be done by using the social media icons under the Add Media tab.
- Go to the Page you want to update.
- Click the Add Media tab.
- Add the contents by using the drag-and-drop method.
Adding Imagery from an Album
To add content via Album from the Add Media tab, do the following:
- Click the small folder icon under Add Media.
The albums/folders are displayed according to how they are arranged within the Library.
- Navigate through the album/folder structure to search for the image you want to add to your Page.
- Drag and drop the Assets (similar to adding content from social media).
Adding Imagery from Uploads
If you want to use your own images on your Page, add these by using the Upload tool. This tool allows you to add images from your computer (Upload), Skydrive, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, or Flickr.
- From the Add Media tab, click the Upload () tool.
- Click Upload Your Media to search for and upload the Assets you want to add.
You can add a Media Chooser to the Page to allow visitors to upload their images using the Media Chooser. This lets users upload assets via hard drive, Facebook, Youtube, Skydrive, Instagram, and Flickr.
To add the Media Chooser to the Page, do the following:
- Open the Page you want to update.
- Drag and drop the Media Chooser you want to add to the page.
- You can configure a contest with an entry period and a voting period, and include countdown clocks for both.
- To set the Entry Period for a contest, you must have a Media Chooser added to the Page beforehand.
- To set the Vote Period, you must include a Display in the Page.
To set up a Contest, do the following:
- Navigate to Widgets > Contest.
- Fill up the Entry period and Vote period (you can enable the Show countdown clock by ticking the checkbox if you want to activate it).
- Click Save (for both Entry period and Vote period).
- You can add an existing Display to show contest entries using what you have already set up in your Campaign.
- You can drag the Gallery name onto the page layout to include it.
Note: Only Matrix, Squares, and Carousel 2 type galleries are available on this list.
The Configuration tab has two sections: Header and Publishing.
- The Header section gives you the option to hide the header, which removes the header image, title, and subtitle.
- The Fixed Page Width is where you can set your max page width for responsive header scaling.
- The Publishing section gives you the option to enter a custom subdomain to publish your own Chute hosted page.
- The Connect to Facebook option allows you to create a tab on your Facebook page that shows the contents of the page you created.
- You have to ensure that an account with admin rights to the Facebook page is linked to Chute. You can then select which Facebook page to embed your content into.
- The Facebook page must have at least 2,000 fans to publish to Facebook as per Facebook Developer requirements.