360-degree videos, also known as immersive videos or spherical videos, are video recordings where a view in every direction is recorded at the same time, shot using an omnidirectional camera or a collection of cameras. During playback on a standard flat display, the viewer has control of the viewing direction like a panorama. It can also be played on displays or projectors arranged in a cylinder or some part of a sphere.
Chute offers an option to create a Display type exclusively for 360 videos only. This article provides the steps to create and configure a 360 Video Display. This article also includes some facts about 360 Video Displays.
Web Displays are commonly used to promote your business by embedding the Display into your websites through an embed code script. The 360 Video Display is one of these types.
Web Displays can also be published as a standalone page.
This display type supports the 360 video format only. If you use a media format other than 360 videos, you will see the following message on your Display:
|The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.|
- Log in to Chute.
- Go to the relevant campaign.
- Go to the Workspace > Displays.
- Click on the +New Display button.
- Type a Name for your Display.
- Select the Album your media would be coming from. This can be any Album within your campaign.
Keep in mind that the media in this Album should be in the 360 video format.
- From the Display Type drop-down, choose 360 Video.
- Click on the Create button to create the Display.
- Once the Display is created, continue editing and configuring your desired settings from the configuration menu on the right panel of the Display.
- Album Selector: Allows you to change the feeder Album.
- Header: Allows you to enable the header and set its features.
- Video Player Configuration: Allows you to configure the video player controls and background color.
- Google Analytics: Allows you to add a Google Analytics Tracking ID if you have one.
- To get the embed code script or the standalone page URL, click on the Get Embed Codes button next to the Save button. Copy the information from the pop-up window.
- You may use the embed code script or the standalone page URL as desired or depending on your needs. The embed code script can be embedded in your website, or if you wish to publish the Display as it is, then you can use the standalone page URL.
- The standalone page URL can be accessed using any browser. You can paste it on the address bar, and the Display shows up instantly.