As customers, you have full discretion of using either approved or unapproved assets for your campaigns or advertisements. Still, we strongly recommend using approved assets to avoid any potential legal issues. Therefore, this article provides users with instructions on how to request the rights for Instagram assets that you want to use for your campaign using the Chute plugin.
The only prerequisite for this process is an installed Chute Browser Plugin.
Rights Request Process
- Log in to Chute and select the relevant Campaign.
- Go to the Manage tab and select the Workflow you want to manage.
- Select the images you wish to request rights to from the pre-rights sorter. Then click the Request Rights button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the Send a new Rights Request screen with:
- Required template group and template.
- The Social account to be used for posting your message.
- Edit the Request Comment accordingly and make sure you have an approval code set.
- For more information on customizing Rights Requests, refer to the Rights Requests Best Practices article.
- You can also use the Accept rights with natural language option by selecting the box next to it.
- For more information about this option, please visit this Enabling Accept Rights with Natural Language Option article.
- Once done with configuring the screen, click the Send Request button. If you are not yet logged in to Instagram on your browser, click the Open Instagram to be able to use the Plugin button on the pop-up window.
- Click on the Chute Plugin at the top right-hand of your browser, logging in with your Chute username and password if prompted.
- Select the appropriate Chute Organization (if managing multiple organizations).
- The window shows a list of images that need to have rights sent out via the plugin. Select an image.
- Click Open on Instagram to enter the asset.
- When the button changes to Post Comment, click it. This action allows you to post your rights offer message via Instagram.
- Repeat steps 8 to 10 for any remaining images in your plugin queue.
Post-Process Activities and Information
To confirm if your comment was posted,
- Go into the Instagram page and check the comments section.
- Verify that the image has been commented with the Rights Request message.
- Once you have completed posting the Rights Request comment, the asset moves from Queued to Waiting on your Rights Request Workflow.
- Assets that have been approved by the user with either the Approval Code or using the Natural Language are moved to the Accepted folder. This process typically takes just a few minutes but can also take up to 24-48 hours to complete.
- Assets move automatically to the Failed folder if the user did not approve them within 30 days upon posting the comment.
- Error: 'Something Went Wrong' When Sending a Rights Request Using the Chute Plugin
- Approved Assets Remain in the Waiting Folder
- Approved Assets Are Going to the Failed Folder Instead of the Accepted Folder
- Moving Accepted Assets from the Rights Request Folder to a Post Rights Request Album