You may notice that the asset count for an album does not match the actual number of assets within the album. This article explains why this issue occurs and how you can troubleshoot it.
In the image below, you will see that the number marked in the red box shows that the album has fifteen (15) assets. However, when you manually count the actual assets (images), there are only eight (8) in the album.
Sample screenshot showing a discrepancy on the number of assets.
Root Cause Analysis
The following are the reasons which cause this issue:
- The Instagram account from which a specific asset is pulled has been set to private by the user.
- An asset pulled from a specific Instagram account is deleted.
- The post containing the asset is either deleted or made private.
We need to fix the syncing of the actual number of assets to the number of assets shown on the album.
To match the asset count shown on the album with the actual number of assets in the album, please do the following actions on your browser:
- Hard refresh the browser while you are inside the album by pressing CTRL + F5 on the keyboard. This action will allow the Chute Library to find the missing assets if there are any.
Wait for at least 30 minutes to allow the server to sync and then check if it worked.
- If refreshing the browser does not fix the issue, consider clearing your browser cache and history files.
If you are not familiar with the steps on how to perform this task, please check your browser’s support site for instructions or search the steps on how to delete browser cache on Google for your browser.
If the problem persists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will refresh the album count in the backend.
The asset count on the album should match the actual number of images/assets inside it, as shown in the image below.