In this article, you will learn how to setup an alert in my ScaleArc cluster configuring the proper source email address.
- Access the root user in ScaleArc via SSH.
- Take the backup of alert.pyc (Alert Engine Service)
# mv /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/idb/cmd/alert_engine/alert.pyc /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/idb/cmd/alert_engine/alert.pyc.bak
- Upload the alert.py script (attached python file) onto /tmp directory
local computer$ scp -i SSH_KEY_FILE ~/alert.py root@<AWS IP Address>:/tmp/
- Modify the alert.py to replace its FROM address FROM_EMAIL =
"firstname.lastname@example.org"to the Email Address you wish.
- Replace the script with the one you just updated
# cp /tmp/alert.py /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/idb/cmd/alert_engine/alert.py
- Restart the Alert Engine
# sh /etc/init.d/alert_engine stop
# sh /etc/init.d/alert_engine start
- Verify the FROM address has been modified by sending a test e-mail
# tail -f /logs/service/alert_engine.log
Note: You can find the alert.py attached.